Following a highly successful conference in 2013, the fifth annual Symposium on Computing for Development (DEV 2014) will provide a premier venue to present original and innovative work on the applications, technologies, architectures, and protocols for computing in developing regions.
DEV 2014 will be held at the Hilton San Jose hotel in San Jose, California on 5-6 December, 2014.
- NEW The proceedings are now in the ACM Digital Library.
- NEW Consider submitting to a special issue of the ITID journal honoring Gary Marsden. Details here.
- NEW Facebook is hosting a reception following GAIA on Dec 4, 2014 between 7-9pm at the Hilton San Jose (Market Room, 1st Floor). This event is open to all registered participants attending GAIA/DEV 2014. More details and RSVP at: http://fbatgaiadev2014.splashthat.com (please respond by Thursday Dec 4, 10am).
- NEW Poster specifications: Posters can range in size from of 27” wide, to up to 48” wide, and from 36” to 48” tall (max: 4 X 4 board). The easels are of the standard size—around 5ft tall.
- Check out the Lightning Talks participants!
- The hotel registration deadline has been extended to November 17, 2014.
- The conference program is now available!
- The conference and hotel registration details are now available. Remember to book early!
- Speaker confirmed: Vijay Modi will be a keynote speaker at ACM DEV 2014!
- Shankar Kalyanaraman joins the DEV team as a Conference General Chair!
- The call for posters is out! Submit by October 6, 2014.
- The author notification date has been extended to September 15, 2014.
- Speaker confirmed: Edward Miguel will be a keynote speaker at ACM DEV 2014!
- The paper submission deadline has been extended to August 8, 2014.
- Also consider attending the 3rd Global Access to the Internet for All (GAIA) workshop, co-located with ACM DEV 2014, on 4th December, 2014.